Watermelon Cocktail Recipe
- Jun 2, 2017
Memorial Day has marked the “unofficial start of summer.” Now it’s time for seasonal soirées, whether on a scenic rooftop or picnic blanket in the park. An inviting ambience and appetizers are musts, but one way to guarantee an unforgettable occasion is with a signature summer cocktail. From Food Network’s Bobby Flay, you can’t go wrong with this simple and refreshing Watermelon Cocktail recipe:
What You’ll Need:
- Seedless watermelon (6 cups, diced)
- Simple syrup (1/4th cup)
- Limes (2, quartered)
- Blueberry (1 1/2 cups)
- Mint leaves (1 cup)
- Tequila – Silver (1 cup)
- Crushed ice
Watermelon Tequila Cocktail Recipe:
- In a food processor, purée the watermelon until smooth.
- Place the puréed watermelon in a strainer over a bowl, to obtain the watermelon juice. You can throw away the purée.
- In a pitcher, add simple syrup, diced limes, blueberries and mint leaves, then gently stir.
- Next, work in the tequila and watermelon juice.
- Refrigerate the mixture until chilled. One hour is sufficient.
- Once cold, pour your delicious watermelon tequila cocktail over crushed ice and serve.
- If desired, garnish with mint leaves or sprigs before serving.