Watermelon Cocktail Recipe
- Jun 2, 2017
This Watermelon Cocktail Recipe Will Be Your Signature Cocktail This Summer
Memorial Day has marked the “unofficial start of summer.” Now it’s time for seasonal soirées, whether on a scenic rooftop or picnic blanket in the park. An inviting ambience and appetizers are musts, but one way to guarantee an unforgettable occasion is with a signature summer cocktail. From Food Network’s Bobby Flay, you can’t go wrong with this simple and refreshing Watermelon Cocktail recipe:
What You’ll Need:
- Seedless watermelon (6 cups, diced)
- Simple syrup (1/4th cup)
- Limes (2, quartered)
- Blueberry (1 1/2 cups)
- Mint leaves (1 cup)
- Tequila – Silver (1 cup)
- Crushed ice
Watermelon Tequila Cocktail Recipe:
- In a food processor, purée the watermelon until smooth.
- Place the puréed watermelon in a strainer over a bowl, to obtain the watermelon juice. You can throw away the purée.
- In a pitcher, add simple syrup, diced limes, blueberries and mint leaves, then gently stir.
- Next, work in the tequila and watermelon juice.
- Refrigerate the mixture until chilled. One hour is sufficient.
- Once cold, pour your delicious watermelon tequila cocktail over crushed ice and serve.
- If desired, garnish with mint leaves or sprigs before serving.
Want other ideas to amp up your warm weather festivities?