Recipe for Hot Chocolate: How to Make Homemade Hot Chocolate in 6 Steps
- Jan 22, 2016
The holiday season may be winding down, but in many places the cold weather has not. Stay inside with family and friends, put on an uplifting movie and treat yourself to a decedent treat. Here’s a simple yet ultra-satisfying classic homemade hot chocolate recipe from Ina Garten on FoodNetwork.com that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser:
- Whole Milk (2.5 cups)
- Half-and-half (2 cups)
- Bittersweet chocolate, chopped (4 ounces)
- Milk chocolate, chopped (4 ounces)
- Sugar (1 tablespoon)
- Pure vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- Instant espresso (1 teaspoon)
- Vanilla beans/Cinnamon sticks (4-5)
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, warm the milk and half-and-half just below the simmering point.
- Take the sauce pan off the heat and add the chopped bittersweet and milk chocolates.
- After the chocolate melts, combine the sugar, pure vanilla extract, and espresso.
- Quickly whisk together to ensure desired consistency.
- Pour the mouth-watering hot chocolate into 4-5 mugs for you and your family/friends.
- For an added touch, top your hot chocolate with a cinnamon stick or vanilla bean.
- Get cozy and enjoy your delicious, homemade hot chocolate!