Pumpkin spice season is back! Sure, get excited, but consider saving $5 every time you need a latte fix. Here’s an extremely indulgent variation of pumpkin spice latte from TheKitchn.com that you can make in the comfort of your home:
What you’ll need for two drinks:
- Canned pumpkin (2 tablespoons)
- Pumpkin pie spice (1/2 teaspoon)
- Black pepper (freshly ground)
- Sugar (2 tablespoons)
- Vanilla extract (2 tablespoons)
- Whole Milk (2 cups)
- Espresso (1 to 2 shots)
How to make it:
- Heat the pumpkin with the added pumpkin pie spice over medium heat in a saucepan. Work in the black pepper. Continue to stir for approximately two minutes or until hot.
- Throw in the sugar and continue to mix for one minute.
- Gently pour in the milk and vanilla extract, whisking everything together.
- Process the mixture further with a hand blender or traditional blender. Be careful!
- Separately, make the espresso or coffee. Using a Keurig machine is just fine.
- For two drinks, spit the coffee between two mugs.
- Then, pour the pumpkin milk mixture over the espresso/coffee in each mug and top with whipped cream, nutmeg and/or cinnamon.
- Enjoy with a friend or loved one!
Looking for another tasty fall recipe?
Head over to our Q&A blog to learn how to make the perfect Cauliflower Soup. What other types of recipes would you like us to feature? Let us know by tweeting us with @FurnishedQ on Twitter!