Healthy Roasted Kale and Yams Salad Recipe
- Feb 20, 2017
It’s true—abs are made in the kitchen, so what better way to gear up for swimsuit season than with this delicious kale and yams recipe from AllRecipes.com. Here’s what you’ll need and some simple directions to prepare this nutritious and flavorful dish:
- Yams (2, diced)
- Olive Oil (2 tablespoons)
- Salt and pepper (just a pinch!)
- Onion (1, thinly sliced)
- Garlic cloves (3, minced)
- Kale (1 bunch, torn into smaller pieces)
- Red wine vinegar (2 tablespoon)
- Thyme (1 teaspoon)
- To bake the yams, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat with olive oil, light salt and pepper.
- Distribute on baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes. Cool until room temperature.
- Over medium heat, drizzle olive oil in a large skillet and toss in the onion, and garlic.
- Work in the kale until tender. Move the kale, onion and garlic mixture into a separate bowl and cool until room temperature.
- Take the cooled yams and kale mixture and combine with red wine vinegar and thyme in a salad bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix again and enjoy!
Want more healthy recipes that will help you stick to your New Year’s wellness goals? Try this Skillet Rosemary Chicken or our favorite Almond Butter and Banana Smoothie recipe.