Healthy Almond Butter and Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Apr 19, 2016
As we head into warmer weather, a healthy refreshing treat is always a smart go-to. Whether you need an early morning boost or post workout source of protein, you can’t go wrong with this delicious almond butter and banana smoothie recipe from EatingWell magazine:
- Banana (one frozen)
- Unsweetened almond milk (one cup)
- Almond butter (two tablespoons)
- Unflavored protein powder (two tablespoons)
- Optional sweetener (1 tablespoon), but we say skip it.
- Ground cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon)
- Ice cubes (4-6)
- The process couldn’t be simpler! Combine all ingredients, and then blend until completely smooth and you’re done.
Besides its decadent taste, the smoothie is packed with 19 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber—not a bad way to start or end your day. Want to work for it? Check out our top five fitness apps for exercising on the go and cool down with this energizing drink when you’re done. This treat and more are easy to prepare in the comfort of your apartment kitchen. Contact Furnished Quarters if you are in need of temporary furnished accommodations.